Around 80% of us will experience back pain at some point in our lives. For some, it will be a minor inconvenience. Others will suffer for years. But thanks to the miracles of modern medicine and science, you don’t have to suffer silently through a lifetime of debilitating back pain. You can call us to explore our options of non-surgical and non-opioid back pain treatment in Culver City and Van Nuys.
Don’t Put Yourself Through a Lifetime of Pain
From dull persistent aches to sharp spikes of discomfort, back pain is all too familiar for many people. Over 65 million Americans report suffering from it recently, and about 8 percent of all adults will experience chronic back pain at some point in their lives. You have two options: either try to ignore the pain day in and day out, or you can take the initiative to treat it by calling Dr. Rozenberg to schedule an appointment for back pain treatment in Culver City and Van Nuys.
Possible Solutions for Back Pain
In many cases, back pain can be treated with spinal decompression therapy, which helps alleviate the pain of a bulging disc or other conditions. Depending on the cause and severity of your back pain, other treatments might be required. Possible solutions include laser therapy, acupuncture, cryotherapy, and electroanalgesia. We can also help you develop a plan for back pain treatment in Culver City and Van Nuys, so you can manage your symptoms at home through stretching exercises, heat pads, and/or cold packs.
Symptoms of Back Pain
The most common symptom of back pain is, unsurprisingly, pain. This can be a sharp, shooting pain, a dull, achy pain, or a throbbing pain. The pain may radiate from the lower back and extend down the leg or be localized to a specific area, such as the SI joint. Other symptoms of back pain can include muscle spasms, numbness or tingling, and weakness. Many people experience occasional back pain that goes away on its own. However, some people experience chronic back pain for weeks, months, or even years. Chronic back pain can make it difficult to do everyday activities like grocery shopping or work. If you experience chronic back pain, it is important to see a doctor to find out the underlying cause and to get back pain treatment in Culver City and Van Nuys.
What if I Ignore Back Pain?
You might think that you can live with chronic pain at first, but dealing with the discomfort every single day can take a toll on your mental state; you might feel yourself losing your motivation, and you won’t be as interested in your favorite activities. If back pain causes you to change your posture, your muscles might grow weak and suffer from additional problems such as spinal disc degeneration and back strain.
Why Does My Back Hurt?
Back pain can be acute and last no more than six weeks, or it can be chronic and continue over a matter of months. It can be linked to any number of conditions, including:
- Muscles or ligaments that have become strained due to heavy lifting or sudden unexpected movements.
- Spinal discs that have started to bulge or have become herniated.
- Osteoarthritis in your lower back.
- Skeletal irregularities such as scoliosis.
- Osteoporosis (meaning the bones have become brittle).
How to Prevent Back Pain?
The best way to prevent back pain is to keep your back healthy and strong. There are a few things you can do to keep your back healthy. Below are a few options for back pain treatment in Culver City and Van Nuys:
- Exercise regularly. This will help to keep your back muscles strong and flexible.
- Maintain good posture. Poor posture puts unnecessary stress on your back and spine.
- Lift objects properly. When lifting objects, use your legs and not your back.
- Wear comfortable, supportive shoes. Wearing high heels or shoes that do not provide adequate support can put unnecessary strain on your back.
- Sit in chairs that provide good back support. Avoid sitting in chairs that are too soft or have inadequate back support.
- Sleep on a mattress that is comfortable and supportive. A mattress that is too soft or too hard can cause back pain.
Why Choose Spinatomy Spine & Disc Centers for Back Pain Treatment?
- A Team That Aims to Over Deliver
- Wide Variety of Treatment Options
- Clean, State-of-the-Art Practice