A pinched nerve occurs when there is compression or pressure on the nerve because of a bone spur, herniated disc, tumor, or other factors. If you notice the signs and symptoms of a pinched nerve, such as numbness and tingling in various parts of your body, please call us to explore your non-surgical, non-opioid pinched nerve treatment in Culver City and Van Nuys.
Relieving Your Compressed Nerves
The nerves play an important role in the function of your body, delivering vital sensory information to your brain while also carrying movement instructions to your arms, legs, and various other areas. But if nearby tissues or structures start to press on your nerves, they might not function as well as they should, and you could end up experiencing chronic discomfort as a result. If you notice the warning signs of a pinched nerve, get in touch with Dr. Rozenberg immediately for a proper diagnosis, so you can start taking the first steps toward relief with pinched nerve treatment in Culver City and Van Nuys.
How Will I Know If I Have a Pinched Nerve?
A pinched nerve is usually accompanied by numbness, tingling, or pain. The intensity of the discomfort will vary depending on which nerves are affected and where they happen to be located. Depending on the case, additional symptoms might include:
- Pain (or numbness or tingling) that radiates to your arms and legs
- Aches and other forms of discomfort concentrated in one area
- Muscle weakness or spasms near the affected area
- Pain that intensifies when you hold a certain position
For more information on pinched nerve treatment in Culver City and Van Nuys, please contact our office to schedule an appointment.
What Causes Pinched Nerves?
A pinched nerve generally suffers from excessive pressure from nearby bone, cartilage, muscles, or tendons. This might result from a sudden injury, rheumatoid arthritis, stress from repetitive work, hobbies, or obesity. Carpal tunnel syndrome is a common example of nerves being pinched. There shouldn’t be any long-term consequences if the compression lasts only for a short time, but if the pressure isn’t relieved soon, you could suffer from permanent nerve damage and chronic pain.
What Kind of Treatments Are Available?
Your treatment plan for pinched nerves will need to be customized based on the severity of the problem and the location of the nerves in question. Spinal decompression is a great option for taking the pressure off the nerves in your spine. Other forms of treatment may be recommended depending on your specific case. In addition to professional care, Dr. Rozenberg will suggest lifestyle changes, such as getting plenty of rest and stopping certain activities that might aggravate your pain.
Common Causes of Pinched Nerves
A pinched nerve happens when too much pressure is applied to a nerve by surrounding tissues and can cause pain, numbness, tingling, and weakness. Pinched nerves are often the result of repetitive motions, poor posture, or arthritis. Here are seven common causes of pinched nerves to help you determine if you need pinched nerve treatment in Culver City and Van Nuys.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: This form of arthritis is an autoimmune disease that causes inflammation in the joints. The inflammation can put pressure on the nerves, leading to pain, numbness, and tingling.
- Degenerative Disc Disease: This condition is caused by the deterioration of the discs that cushion the spine. The discs can become thinner and less able to absorb shock, putting pressure on the nerves and causing pain.
- Disc Herniation: A herniated disc occurs when the inner gel-like substance of a disc leaks out and puts pressure on the surrounding nerves, leading to pain, numbness, and tingling.
- Injuries: A traumatic injury, such as a car accident or a fall, can damage the nerves.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome: This condition is caused by compression of the median nerve in the wrist. The nerve is responsible for sensations in the hand, and the compression can cause tingling in the wrist.
- Obesity: Excess weight can put pressure on the nerves, leading to nerve compression.
Why Choose Spinatomy Spine & Disc Centers for Pinched Nerve Treatment?
- Advanced Technology for State-of-the-Art Care
- Multiple Services for Addressing Unique Needs
- Caring Chiropractor and Welcoming Office
Let us help you! Contact Spinatomy Spine & Disc Centers to explore your options for pinched nerve treatment in Culver City and Van Nuys today!