We’ve all had a crick in the neck at one point or another, and it’s a regular occurrence for many of us. If you’re experiencing severe, persistent, or chronic neck pain that lasts more than a few days, we encourage you to reach out. We address the root cause of neck pain and offer non-surgical, non-opioid, all-natural neck pain treatment in Culver City and Van Nuys.
Does Your Neck Hurt? We Can Help!
The vertebrae that make up your neck are collectively known as the cervical spine (as opposed to the thoracic spine that runs down your back). It’s designed to be as flexible as possible so that you can turn and move your head as needed; unfortunately, the tradeoff for such flexibility is an increased vulnerability to certain types of injury. If your neck is in chronic pain, reach out to Dr. Rozenberg as soon as possible to schedule an appointment for neck pain treatment in Culver City and Van Nuys.
Why Does Neck Pain Occur?
Neck pain is often due to tension and strain in certain muscles, which might occur if you’re in the habit of letting your head slump forward. It’s also a common side effect of working at a desk for too long without changing position or sleeping on your neck funny. In more serious cases, the muscles and ligaments in your neck can be injured during a fall or an accident, causing them to move out of place. Many types of neck pain will go away on their own, but if it lasts more than a week or grows particularly severe, you should seek professional neck pain treatment in Culver City and Van Nuys.
Possible Causes of Neck Pain
Neck pain is a common complaint that can have many different causes. Some causes are temporary and easy to treat, while others are more serious and require medical intervention. Here are seven possible causes of neck pain:
- Muscle Strains: One of the most common causes of neck pain is a strain or sprain in the muscles and ligaments. This can happen from poor posture, sleeping in an awkward position, or overexerting yourself during exercise.
- Worn Joints: The joints in your neck are constantly moving and bearing the weight of your head, so it’s not surprising that they can sometimes become worn down and painful. This is especially common in older adults.
- Nerve Compression: The nerves in your neck can become compressed or pinched due to herniated discs, bone spurs, or tumors. This can cause pain, numbness, or tingling in the neck and shoulders. Nerve compression requires instant medical intervention for neck pain treatment in Culver City and Van Nuys.
- Injuries: Accidents or injuries can cause acute or chronic neck pain. This can happen from car accidents (whiplash), falls, or sports injuries. Injuries can range from minor to severe, and treatment will depend on the severity.
- Whiplash: Whiplash is a neck injury that occurs when the head is suddenly and forcefully jerked forward and backward. It’s a common injury from car accidents but can also occur from other types of trauma.
- Arthritis: Arthritis is a common cause of neck pain, especially in older adults. There are many different types of arthritis, but the most common form affecting the neck is osteoarthritis. This type of arthritis is caused by the deterioration of the cartilage in the joints.
- Other Diseases: Numerous diseases and health conditions can cause neck pain, such as meningitis, cancer, and thyroid problems.
How Can Neck Pain Be Treated?
First, we need to closely examine your neck and diagnose the problem. As noted above, there can be multiple causes of neck pain with various degrees of severity. Spinal decompression, heat and cold therapy, and other treatments might be employed. You might undergo neck pain treatment in Culver City and Van Nuys with some stretches or exercises that we prescribe. Be sure to inform us immediately if the pain grows worse or doesn’t seem to fade after a certain period.
What are the Benefits of Stopping Neck Pain?
Getting professional treatment for neck pain carries several benefits. The most obvious is that you will no longer have to live with constant discomfort that might get in the way of living your life or even relaxing. You can also prevent long-term issues with your neck mobility; after treatment, you may notice that it is easier to turn and tilt your head without experiencing pain, soreness, or stiffness. If neck pain isn’t going away, call us sooner instead of later!
Why Choose Spinatomy Spine & Disc Centers for Neck Pain Treatment?
- Modern Practice with Advanced Technology
- Expert Chiropractor Skilled with Many Services
- Many Minimally Invasive Treatments Available