Chronic pain in your back, neck, knees, or shoulders can make daily life more challenging than it should be. Depending on the cause of the pain and how severe it is, your chiropractor may recommend any number of treatments to treat it. Thanks to modern technology, there are more options than ever before, including state of the art MLS laser therapy in Van Nuys. How can a laser soothe your pain? The following post explores the basics of the treatment, including how it works and what the benefits are.
What is MLS Laser Therapy?
“MLS” is short for Multiwave Locked System. The treatment involves a laser that uses two wavelengths at the same time. The first wavelength is a continuous laser designed to reduce inflammation while the second wavelength is a pulsed laser that can penetrate deep into your tissues and nerves in order to relieve your pain.
Exposing the damaged cells in your tendons, ligaments, and muscles to the energy from the two laser wavelengths will stimulate them, causing them to heal at a faster rate. In other words, MLS laser therapy in Culver City doesn’t just reduce pain; it also helps your body recover from the injuries that are causing the discomfort to begin with. This makes it extremely useful for different types of chiropractic treatment.
Benefits of MLS Laser Therapy
Why should you choose MLS laser therapy for pain relief? There are quite a few advantages to consider:
- MLS laser therapy is completely noninvasive. It penetrates your skin and stimulates the tissues beneath without the need for incisions or injections. This also means there are no side effects that you need to worry about.
- Since the treatment speeds up your body’s natural healing factors, it can significantly reduce overall recovery time.
- The treatment is very quick and can be completed in as little to 10 to 15 minutes. (Note that this is for a single session; you’ll likely need at least 2 to 3 sessions every week.)
- There is no pain associated with MLS laser therapy. In fact, you likely won’t feel anything during the treatment.
- The treatment encourages blood flow to the affected area, which is particularly helpful in aiding the recovery of areas that happen to be located far from the heart.
- MLS laser therapy is very versatile and is appropriate for treating a wide range of ailments in various locations.
No treatment is perfect for everyone, but MLS laser therapy can certainly be a great choice for many people suffering from back pain, damaged joints, and other issues that are causing chronic discomfort. Call your chiropractor today to learn more about MLS laser therapy and why it might be the right choice for you.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Dr. Brigitte Rozenberg loves being able to develop custom therapies for her patients so that they can enjoy life to the fullest and move around without discomfort. She specializes in a number of life-changing noninvasive treatments here at Spinatomy Spine & Disc Centers, including state of the art MLS laser therapy. If you have chronic pain that you think could benefit from a laser treatment, schedule a consultation with us today by visiting our website or calling (310) 361-9066.